Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Stop Biting Your Nails and Start Thinking!

I bite my nails. Often to the quick and then it hurts afterwards... boo hoo!
My sister often bats my hand away and I give her that look as if she had interrupted my award winning speech or something and I just go right back to biting them (often in defiance).
It's a habit of boredom (FYI), and I've tried many different things (Disney Princess colouring book anyone?) to occupy my mind but I often find myself chewing away again.


Anyways, the point of this post is that we should strive to never waste a moment. When I say that, I mean not wasting time just sitting and chewing your nails - Pinterest or Facebook games are fun! Why give up fun?

So, when you're just sitting there, doing nothing but gnawing away, try thinking! That could mean reading a book to expand your knowledge, exercising, or even setting goals!
Think about it, have you ever really sat down with the soul purpose of setting goals?
What better way to better yourself than to inspire?!

Setting goals doesn't mean aspiring to win the lottery (I mean, come on!), but can be as simple as "teach my dog to 'speak'". You know that you can do it, you want to, and think of that little glimmer of pride you will have once your beloved pup learns!
 
Then, think longterm goals. What do you want to do? What is your real answer when the interviewer asks, "Where do you see yourself in five years?"
So... where do you see yourself in five years?
Is there travel in your future?
Do you want children?
What about career goals?
Financial goals?
How about Saving the World? ;)

Think about it! And don't even think about putting that hand to your mouth.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment