Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Makin' Banana Pancakes...

It's no secret that I'm addicted to Pinterest, and healthy eating recipes on Pinterest, and wedding ideas on Pinterest, etc. So, when I came across a recipe for pancakes using only a banana and eggs, I jumped at the chance to make them and added my own little additions!

I was only making for myself, and the original recipe called for two eggs and one whole banana (mashed), so I used 1/2 a banana and 1 egg. I also added 1 tsp. of vanilla extract and sprinkled ground cinnamon into the mixture.

After whipping all of that together, I just poured it onto a frying pan like I would with regular pancakes. I was afraid that they might be really flimsy and fall apart, but they flipped like normal pancakes, and it only took two minutes for each side on medium heat. 

They tasted fabulous; very light, like a crepe. I didn't put anything on top of them in terms of syrup, but you absolutely could if you wanted to; I just put a bit of Becel Vegan Margarine on top and they were gold!

My for one recipe made about 4 pancakes, and only 2 Weight Watchers Points Plus! And, of course, completely dairy, gluten, seafood, allergen free! Unless you're allergic to bananas or eggs :(

Check out the original recipe here.

Enjoy!

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment