Monday, November 5, 2012

An Inspiring Quote for an Incredible Day!

Start your day the happy way!

"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections!" - Author Unknown

Life should not be a competition; by this I mean that one should not desire to compete and best every other person. Remember, desire leads to suffering and it is that dukkha (suffering) that we must eliminate so that we may be happy!

I am slowly learning this. In my Western world, a high level of stress has become a sort of status symbol, too much value is placed on material goods, and stiff competition can be found anywhere you turn... so, it has been hard. However, I am happy when I am not stressed, and I must seek to eliminate this stress! So, I am not putting value in such things that lead me to stress.
 This is where I try not to "sweat the small stuff" and take everything as a learning opportunity. I must honour others' opinions as I trust that they would do mine, but I must also learn that sometimes there are those who do not want to hear my opinions. As my mother would say, "FILTERS!"

I am happier now than I ever have been because I am learning (always learning!) to not take things personally, be patient and tolerant, and not sweat the small stuff.  Do not feel the need to compete constantly, and get into a happy state of mind with your life and your position in life!

It has been said that the happiest people are the people who have next to nothing; while they do not have an excess in material goods or money, they have faith, or love, or family, or hope.

Let's make a mantra:
"I am happy with myself."
"I am at a good place within."
"I will not take things personally."
"I am in a happy state of mind."
"I have the opportunity to learn and grow."
For this, I am grateful.

I am grateful.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment