Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cuckoo for Coconut... Chicken!

I don't know if you all have noticed this, but all of my posted recipes call for poultry or a meat alternative... I'm not vegan or vegetarian, or anything like that, but I find that red meat (while delicious) does not bode well with my stomach. I am finding that this is a common occurrence with the other people that I talk to who have gluten and/or dairy allergies. I have a seafood allergy too, don't forget, or else I would have many more seafood dishes!

I also like chicken because of it's versatility. You know the saying, "Tastes like chicken!" well... my goal is to take chicken and make it mouth- watering. I think I'm closer to my goal with this recipe!
Take a look:
Remember, I usually only cook for two people, so you may need to tweak the recipe a bit. Below, I made for three chicken breasts.

Kath's Coconut Lime Chicken
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup dried, shaved coconut (if you're using freshly shaved coconut, make sure to dry it first)
1/2 cup Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Panko- style bread crumbs
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup coconut flour (can be found at any health food store)

Preheat oven to 425F. Spray non-stick spray (or lightly drizzle oil) onto baking sheet.
Mix coconut, crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes together on plate or other flat dish.
Put coconut flour and lime juice in separate, shallow dishes for coating.
Take chicken breast, first coat with flour and then with lime juice. Ensure that you do not saturate the breast in the juice, but cover it so that the coconut-crumb mixture will adhere. Coat breast with coconut-crumb mixture and place onto baking sheet.

Bake for 20-25 minutes in oven or until chicken is no longer pink.
©FrenchOnionSoupBlogCalgary


2 comments:

  1. I have never tasted chicken with lime but this recipe makes me mouth-watering.I have to try it ! maybe for sunday dinner ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Natt! Be sure to quickly dip the chicken or else the lime becomes too overpowering.

    Let me know how it is!

    Thanks for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete