Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sweets for The Sweet!

Let's start our New Year off sweet! I hope that all of our readers had an amazing Christmas/ holiday season and a fabulous new year!
Below, you'll find that this recipe is similar to my Chocolate Coconut Banana Breakfast Quinoa, but I've merged it with gingerbread! Now, I think that this recipe can be used at any time of the year- why not substitute banana or zucchini bread for the gingerbread in the summer? I dreamed this up when I was thinking of a suitable dessert that I can actually eat for Christmas Day dinner at my future mother-in-law's. I just Googled a gingerbread recipe online and substituted the flour for a gluten free blend and used original almond milk. It's actually extremely simple!

I sprinkled crushed candy cane on top of this pudding to keep in the Christmas theme.

Kath's Chocolate Banana Gingerbread Pudding
1 cup gingerbread, fully baked
1/2 cup light coconut milk (I like Thai Kitchen)
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1 tbsp. honey 
1 banana, mashed
Bring coconut milk to boil on stovetop. Stir in cocoa powder, cinnamon powder, honey and banana. Whisk ingredients together until mix develops a pudding-like consistency.
Crumble gingerbread over pan (I used a disposable Christmas tree, Dollarama pan). Pour chocolate mix over gingerbread and let cool; about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle crushed candy cane over top of pudding (optional) and cover. Refrigerate until need to serve or serve warm. Either way, it's delicious!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment